We are looking for volunteer mentors to work on a one-to-one basis with vulnerable young refugees, asylum seekers and unaccompanied minors, aged 11-18 years old, in Northwest London (Harrow, Brent, Barnet). The large refugee communities residing in these boroughs point to a clear need to address the well-being of the young members of these communities. The Project aims to support, encourage and productively challenge young people to define and work towards their personal goals. The role will give volunteers an opportunity to become trained as mentors, and to gain experience working with young refugees with complex needs.
- To be passionate and motivated to improve the lives of vulnerable young refugees in Northwest London;
- Excellent listening skills;
- Experience of working with young children is an advantage, but not necessary;
- Volunteers should be able to travel to and meet at Paiwand’s office in Harrow and other areas of North West London;
- Commitment to weekly meetings for minimum 6 months;
- Full training will be provided. Attendance is compulsory to complete the recruitment process.
- The role is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.
For more information
Please contact Georgie Bricknell, Youth Project Manager on 02089058770 or at email@example.com
For volunteering opportunities with our various projects, please click here.